1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
To access, subscribe or utilise certain products and services of i-Muamalat Online Portal, you will be required to provide your personal and/or financial information (“information”) to the Bank. The detail and types of information required will depend on the specific product or service. Such information may include your personal information such as your full name, identification number, contact address, contact number and/or your financial information such as your income, assets, liabilities, credit card information, etc. The information required is necessary for identification purposes and to effectively and efficiently provide you with i-Muamalat’s products or services.
2. PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We protect your information by deploying security measures where all of your information transmitted over i-Muamalat are encrypted to allow safe and secure environment to conduct i-Muamalat online transactions.
We also limit the access to your information to authorised employees involved in the provision of the particular product or service and who are well trained and aware of the Bank’s commitment to the protection of such information.
Nevertheless, although we are committed to protecting and safeguarding your information, there will be matters that are outside of our control. The Bank however does not have the control over electronic device, software, systems and other incidentals used to access i-Muamalat. We cannot guarantee the security of information shared with us via electronic mail or open internet connections or the storage of such information on a publicly accessible computer.
As such we would also urge you to exercise care in the transmission of information to us and in your accessing and utilisation of our products and services over an open internet connection or via a publicly accessible computer in order to minimise and mitigate any risk which may compromise your information or privacy. For added security, the Bank has incorporated a function to automatically log out when no activity is detected for a pre-set duration.
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with effective i-Muamalat products and services and we will hold your data with us in a confidential manner. We may in certain circumstances share your personal data with third parties (in or outside Malaysia).
• Parties authorised and consented to, by you.
• Companies within BMMB or its related group of companies.
• Companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling online transactions that you have requested.
• If our products or services are provided in collaboration with certain third parties, we may need to disclose your personal data to them. These third parties may include other financial institutions, service providers, or electronic fund transfer facilitators.
• Third parties in the ordinary course of our business, for example, third-party financial institutions, takaful operators, securities and investment services providers, industry/financial related associations.
• Any nominee, trustee, co-trustee, centralised securities depository or registrar, custodian, estate agent, solicitor, or other people who are involved with the provision of services or products by us to you.
• Credit reporting agencies when you apply for any of our credit-based products such as personal financing, credit card, or mortgage.
• Third parties to whom we are obligated to make disclosure under the requirements of any law, by order of a court, or any tribunal or as required by the government or any statutory authority, for example, Bank Negara Malaysia, Securities Commission Malaysia, and Bursa Malaysia, Polis Diraja Malaysia (PDRM), and Jabatan Kastam Diraja Malaysia. This may also include third parties entities appointed by such statutory authorities.
• Third parties who have been engaged by us to perform our business functions or to enforce our legal or contractual rights, for example, any agent, contractor, vendor, service providers, consultants, professionals, auctioneers, or valuers.
• Third parties are carefully selected to provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you.
• Any third party as a result of any restructuring of facilities granted to you or the sale of debts, assets, or acquisitions by us, provided that any recipient uses your information for the same purposes as it was originally supplied to us and/or used by us.
• Your intermediaries, correspondent, and agent bank, clearing houses, clearing or settlement systems, market counterparties, and any company you carry out investment services through us.
• For any proposed or actual merger, sale, transfer, or proposed transfer of any part of our interests, assets, obligations, business, and/or operations.
• Lawyers, auditors, tax advisors, investment banks, and other professional advisors appointed by us.
From time to time, we may share your personal data with other entities within BMMB and the above parties as BMMB deem fit and you may receive marketing communication from us or from these other entities about products and services that may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive these marketing communications, please notify us to withdraw your consent and we will stop processing and sharing your personal data with these other entities.
We will not share your personal data with third parties to send you marketing information unless you have given us your consent. Third-party marketing information may include new product launches, promotions, rebates, discounts, contests or reward programs.
Your access to i-Muamalat is registered via your personal identification. Standard authentication methods including Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) via i-MSecure Token are available to maintain individual integrity and providing additional layer of security.
You are advised to observe the following when performing transactions via i-Muamalat:
• Please ensure that your electronic device does not provide anyone the opportunity to gain access to your information.
• Please ensure that the electronic device you are using does not allow eavesdropping or recording of activities.
• You are advised to log out from i-Muamalat before using any other applications on your electronic device or immediately upon completion of transactions.
• Do not send any information pertaining to your account via internet.
5. COLLECTION, USE AND DISTRIBUTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Personal data refers to any information that relates directly or indirectly to an individual, who is identified or identifiable from that information or other information in the possession of BMMB, including any sensitive personal data and expression of opinion, video recordings for security reasons, and audio recordings about the individual.
The personal data we collect include and may not be limited to:
• your identification details, such as name, age, occupation, marital status, place of birth, identification number or passport number, photograph,
• your contact details, such as address (residential, office, or billing), electronic mail or telephone number local or abroad,
• your employment details, such as employer’s name, employment history, designation, income range, and your supervisor’s contact,
• information on your financial standing and creditworthiness, such as your assets, income, and financial information (such as tax particular, credit history, transaction history, and debt),
• information about your risk profile, investments, tax and takaful, investment objectives, knowledge and experience, and/or business interests and assets,
• information relating to your activities, habits, preferences, and interests arising from your use of products and services of BMMB, our partners or vendors,
• information from your joint account holder(s) and/or parties providing security for your facilities and/or all such persons named in your application for our products and services. This includes persons named in documents submitted in support of your application including but not limited to your family members, directors, individual shareholders, authorised signatories, guarantors, and associates. You confirm and warrant that you have obtained the consent of all such individuals mentioned prior for their respective data to be processed by us, and
• other personal data which may be required for us to process your transaction with us when you use our i-Muamalat such as mobile phonebook, photo gallery, mobile device data and location.
We will clearly indicate to you when the personal data requested is mandatory. If you choose not to provide us with any required mandatory personal data or withdraw your consent for us to process the same, we will be entitled to cease the provision of the relevant products or services without us incurring any liability to you (notwithstanding any agreement between you and the Bank).
Other than mandatory disclosure of personal data, if you do not provide us with non-mandatory personal data, you can still sign up for our products and services depending on the type of products and services.
Your personal data may be collected when you:
• enter into any commercial transactions with BMMB including but not limited to you providing goods and/or services or your professional services,
• contact BMMB through various methods such as visiting our premises, application forms, emails and letters, telephone calls, and conversations you have with our staff in a branch. If you contact us or we contact you using telephone, we may monitor or record the phone call for quality assurance, training, and security purposes,
• transact with us for any products, services, or under any agreement including those registered at any BMMB websites,
• access our mobile applications such as i-Muamalat and Muamalat Application Platform (“MAP”),
• participate in our customer surveys and sign up for any contests or promotions, and
• from recordings of CCTV installed at our premises.
Personal data can also be collected from third parties including:
• sources in the financial services industry, for example, any bureaus or agencies under Bank Negara Malaysia, Securities Commission Malaysia or other regulatory authorities, the Association of Islamic Banking and Financial Institutions Malaysia, any registered credit reporting agencies or other financial institutions,
• when we obtain any data and information from third parties such as employers, joint account holders, guarantors, legal representatives, spouses, parents, guardians, dependents, and/or companies/partnerships that you hold directorships, shareholdings or partnership,
• third-party service providers, for example, private employment agencies, debt collection agencies, marketing personnel/agencies or entities providing credit or background verification services, and
• when we transact or contract with a corporate entity, that corporate entity may provide your personal data in connection with the transaction or agreement, for example, you may be a director, shareholder, or employee of that corporate entity, and
• from publicly available sources.
Personal data can also be collected from websites:
• When you visit i-Muamalat website, your IP address is automatically logged in to our server. We may use the IP address to help diagnose the problem and to administer our websites.
The Bank will not disclose your information to any third party or external organizations without prior written consent from you with strict compliance to Islamic Financial Services Act 2013.
6. ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
It is important that the information you provide to us is accurate, complete and current. For this, we ask your assistance in ensuring the same at the point of providing us with the said information, as well as to constantly update us of any changes thereto, so as to ensure i-Muamalat’s provision of products or services to you are not compromised in any way.
Once such information is received, the Bank is committed to maintaining the integrity of the said information and ensuring that the same is not tampered with in any way. However should you, at any time discover any error or discrepancy in the said information or in any other information provided by the Bank, such as account statements, etc, we urge that you notify us immediately so that we can take the necessary steps to investigate and where necessary, address or remedy the same.
7. I-MUAMALAT DEVICE OPERATING SYSTEM
• Always keep your electronic device’s operating system updated with the new versions or patches released, as it is may include new security feature.
• Regular security updates help protect electronic devices from malicious attacks, so upgrading and staying current is important.
• Recommended to use electronic devices with latest mobile Operating System (iOS or Android).
8. I-MUAMALAT SECURITY AND MONITORING
The Bank has adopted the following system monitoring measures for i-Muamalat online transaction:
• cloud service provider has engaged with various certification organizations in obtaining the certifications under its assurance program.
• the regular security reviews and assessments are also conducted by Bank.
• strives to broaden their cloud security knowledge and passion by keeping abreast with most up to date digital technology to continuously enhance and monitor their internet banking system.
• promise you to maintain a easier, simpler and personalized online banking system.
9. QUESTIONS AND COMPLAINTS
Should you have any questions or complaints pertaining to our handling of your information or generally with regard to the privacy of your personally identifiable information, please feel free to contact or e-mail to Customer Care Line at:
Customer Service Department Bank Muamalat Malaysia Berhad
Address: 19th Floor, Menara Bumiputra, Jalan Melaka, 50100 Kuala Lumpur.
Updated version 10 May 2023
Support and Downloads
You can always find our application in Apple Store and Google Play.